Friday, September 2, 2011

Tomorrow is The Day!

I'm getting married tomorrow!

Honestly, on Monday I would've told you there was no way I'd make it. I was so, so sick. But then my super smart mom offered her words of wisdom. "Stop taking the antibiotics," she insisted. I was put on an antibiotic as a precaution when I was in the hospital last weekend just in case I had a bacterial infection. Then my mom read the side effects on the sheet from the pharmacy, and the top three were diarrhea, nausea and vomiting. Like I needed to add more of that to my life!

I woke up on Tuesday morning feeling less sick than I had on Monday. My mom called and said, "Don't take the antibiotic this morning." I'm not one to break the doctor's orders, "But, Mom, I have to!" She was stern with me, "I'm telling you not to take it. Call the doctor and tell her how you're feeling." So I did. And to my surprise, when the nurse called me back, she told me that the doctor agreed with my mom and I should stop the meds. "Nothing has grown in your blood cultures at this point, so you can stop unless something shows up."

My mom is a genius! I haven't felt perfect, but I've been able to function since Tuesday. As I've said in the past, I don't need to feel perfect, I just need to feel good enough.

I made it to my final dress fitting that afternoon. The dress was pressed and ready for pickup on Wednesday. It's now hanging in my parents' basement just waiting until tomorrow.

Last night was the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. It finally started to feel real! I can't believe all of those people were gathered there just for us. And there will be more tomorrow. I get so emotional every time I think about it.

I'm getting married!!

I'm not gonna lie, my stomach still isn't exactly right. Unfortunately, I can't eat anything but bland foods for fear of an emergency trip to the bathroom. Let me tell you, running to the bathroom quickly will NOT be an easy task in my wedding dress. I'm scared to death of how I'm going to feel, but I'm going to do this. I will also have no problem changing into sweats halfway through the reception if I'm uncomfortable, and I really don't think anyone there will have a problem with that.

I just can't believe it's finally here. Tomorrow I'll be Mrs. Kane. I'm going to do it. I'm going to feel well enough. I'm going to enjoy my day.

I'M GETTING MARRIED!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. BEST
    POST
    EVER

    you are going to be one LEGENDARY bride!!!!!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete