Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I'm Alive

I'm alive.

I'm still exhausted and thoroughly enjoying my Vicodin, but I'm ok.

I want to spill all the details of my last two days, but my eyes are refusing to stay open. All I can manage right now are some quick words of gratitude and then I need to sleep. 

I want all of you to know how much I appreciate your support through all of this. I'm positive that your good vibes played a huge party in my attitude about the surgery. I still wasn't ready to lose my entire reproductive system, but with all the well-wishes and prayers, I was able to gain strength to make it through. Thank you to all of you.

I'm really shocked at the amount of people who have offered to help me. My friend, Julie, set up a website for me that will help to assign people to do specific jobs when I need them. The address is https://www.lotsahelpinghands.com/c/642706/login/  There are already 30 people who have signed up. 30 people have offered to help me without even knowing what I might need them to do. 30 people who would give up time in their own lives to bring me food, or take the kids or transport me to my treatments when they start. And the mix of people is amazing! There are friends from elementary school who I haven't seen since I was nine years old. There are friends from way out of state who really want to do anything they can. Then there are family members and other friends who I see more often, but it's still heartening to know that they really want to help me.

I've not only seen the support on the Helping Hands website, but the outpouring of positivity on Facebook, e-mail, phone calls and texts has been so uplifting. I'm so grateful to have all of you in my life.

I really need to sleep now. The drugs are taking over my brain, and I'm starting to not make sense. I'll do my best to catch up on the blog when I'm home tomorrow. I just needed to check in and thank all of you for being there for me.

Love to all.


2 comments:

  1. You rocked it!! We were really happy to hear the good news from Jimmi! Thanks for keeping us on the up and up. We will get in touch when we get in town next weekend and hope you are well enough for a visit from us Kentucky folk! Take care.
    Leah

    ReplyDelete